Our services continue to face high demand and your decisions as a patient really make a difference. We therefore ask if you would please consider:
- over Christmas and New Year your GP Practice will have to prioritise appointments for urgent conditions and respiratory related illnesses. Routine and ongoing follow up care appointments may have to wait until a later date due to these pressures and we thank you for your patience at this time.
- only using 999 and A&E if your condition is a threat to life or limb.
- using alternative services, such as local pharmacies, GP’s and NHS111 On line services www.nhs.uk.
- attending A&E with non-emergency conditions are likely to face a long wait for treatment and may be referred to a more suitable service for their needs.
- check your symptoms, using the online symptom checker available at www.111.nhs.uk, which will re-direct you to a health professional if you need to be seen by someone. If your symptoms persist and you are not getting better, please contact your GP practice for advice.
- If you need advice for an everyday illness or injury, please either contact your local pharmacy for help of look at the self-care advice that’s available online from the NHS at www.nhs.uk.
We would like to thank our communities for all their help so far this winter and ask that you continue to lend your support to us at this challenging time. Your actions really do make a difference and by choosing the right service for your needs it helps us to prioritise care for those people who are most poorly. Patients with urgent care needs are our priority currently.